FAFSA Information for Seniors
|If You Plan to Attend College From||You Will Submit This FAFSA||You Can Submit the FAFSA From||Using Income and Tax Information From|
|July 1, 2016 - June 30, 2017||2016-17||January 1, 2016 - June 30, 2017||2015|
|July 1, 2017 - June 30, 2018||2017-18||October 1, 2016 - June 30, 2018||2015|
|July 1, 2018 - June 30, 2019||2018-19||October 1, 2017 - June 30, 2019||2016|
This is the time of year that all senior students planning on ANY kind of postsecondary education after high school should be working on financial aid forms. One of the forms which must be completed is the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Many schools use the FAFSA application to determine scholarships, grants, and other forms of student aid such as workstudy programs. Deadline for filing the FAFSA application is February 1. This is an earlier date than in previous years.
The folks at Kansas Association of Financial Aid Administrators (KASFAA) have created a facebook page designed to help out with filing the FAFSA form. Senior students and their parents can like the facebook page to receive the latest information and tips on filling out those forms. The facebook page is KASFAA FAFSA Completion.
Be sure to take advantage of the many resources that KASFAA offers to help get those FAFSA forms completed.
ACT Registration 2016-17
2016-17 ACT Testing Dates - You may register online at www.actstudent.org
|Test Date||Registration Deadline||(Late Fee Required)|
|December 10, 2016||
November 4, 2016
|Nov 18, 2016|
|February 11, 2017||January 13, 2017||Jan 20, 2017|
|April 8, 2017||March 3, 2017||Mar 17, 2017|
|June 10, 2017||May 5, 2017||May 19, 2017|
Scholarship Links for Kansas Scholarships
Scholarship Search Check List
Additional scholarship opportunities
- Black Hills Energy - see website http://www.blackhillsenergy.com/scholarships Applicants parent or guardian must be a customer of Black Hills Energy.
- Sumner County Farm Bureau Scholarship - see website.http://www.kfb.org/educationoutreach/foundationforagriculture/ Applicants parent or guardian must be a Sumner County Farm Bureau member.
- Sumner County Hospital District #1 Volunteer Auxiliary Scholarship - see application in locker to the left.
- James Ryan Scholarship- Application in the locker to the left.
- Ben E. Harris Family Memorial Scholarship - - see application in locker to the left.
- South Haven Local Scholarship -- see application in locker to the left.
- Wheatland Lodge Scholarship - - see application in locker to the left.
- Maxine LeCounte Memorial Scholarship - - see application in locker to the left.
Some Scholarships that you might be intereseted in
American Legion Scholarships - Scholarships are now available online at www.ksamlegion.org.
Click the button to the left named “scholarships” then select which scholarship you wish to view and print off the application.
Kansas Board of Regents Scholarships - Apply online at www.kansasregents.org.
The following scholarships are available:
- State Scholarship
- Ethnic Minority Scholarship
- Nursing Service Scholarship
- Teacher Service Scholarship
Contact the Kansas Board of Regents with you questions at 785-296-3518
Kansas Board of Regents
Student Financial Assistance
1000 SW Jackson, Suite 520
Topeka, KS 66612-1368
Naval Reserve office Training Corps
K State Salina
Self Engineering Leadership Fellows Program
The American Legion Department of KS Scholarships
Wichita Legal Professionals Scholarship
Financial Aid Links
- Free Application for Federal Student Aide (FAFSA) www.fafsa.ed.gov/
- To sign FAFSA electronically create a PIN www.pin.ed.gov/PINWebApp/pinindex.jsp
- Federal School Code List www.fafsa.ed.gov/FOTWWebApp/FSLookupServlet
- Kansas Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators www.kasfaa.org
- Kansas Board of Regents, Office of Student Financial Aid
- FACT Poster-Colleges and Universities in Kansas www.kasfaa.org/docs/highschools/FACT.pdf
- Learning Quest-College Savings Plan www.kansasstatetreasurer.com/prodweb/index.php
- Federal Student Aid, Student Portal www.students.gov/STUGOVWebApp/Public
- Federal Student Aid, School Portal www.fsa4schools.ed.gov/SCHOOLSWebApp/index.jsp
- Department of Education on Financial Aid www.ed.gov/finaid/landing.jhtml
- A guide to Federal Student Aid studentaid.ed.gov/students/publications/student_guide/index.html
- Tax Benefits for Higher Education www.irs.gov/individuals/students/topic/index.html
- FinAid - Good resource for students and parents www.finaid.org
- 34 Ways to Reduce College Costs studentaid2.ed.gov/getmoney/pay_for_college/cost_35.html
- Junior and Senior College Prep Calendars www.kasfaa.org/docs/highschools/Junior-Senior_Calendars.pdf
- Fund Finder apps.collegeboard.com/cbsearch_ss/welcome.jsp
- FAFSA4caster will help you get an early start on the financial aid processwww.fafsa4caster.ed.gov/
- Wichita State University Financial Awareness Week website webs.wichita.edu